Online fundraising for Team Alex - Ironman Arizona 2012

Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Indulgence

Well, the holidays have been tough for staying focused and on track. As of today I am back up to 194 pounds which is not motivating. We took a trip to Puerto Morelos, Mexico for 10 days in the beginning of December. I got all of my runs done and really enjoyed the beach, but the under tow was pretty rough and though I tried twice I didn’t get to take full advantage of the ocean for open water swims.

Though training did not go so well, I really needed the time with my family and enjoyed every minute they were awake. My Dad flew in and watched my daughter so that my wife and I could enjoy our anniversary and do two days of diving. The first day was her first open water dive and we were visited by a bull shark for about 20 minutes. Very exciting! On day two, we went to Cozumel and the diving was fantastic.

My Dad and I have a habit of drinking way too much whiskey when we get together and being on an all-inclusive resort we did not break form. I even smoked a few cigarettes. I am paying dearly for both of those now that I am back at altitude and trying to get back into my workout routine.

Weekly Summary: 6:00 hrs of training. I Got in the 2 Hour Run and a 2 Hour bike, but not much swimming at all and I am lacking confidence on the bike due to my lack of riding so far this winter. I even fell twenty minutes into my ride while trying to eat. So weak! But I have plenty of time. Next week is the last trip, a visit to cold Buffalo, NY from Christmas through New Years, I hope I can find somewhere to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment