Online fundraising for Team Alex - Ironman Arizona 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012

Week Ending 19 FEB 12: New Baby on the Way!

Blogger seemed to be having some issues this morning so I am writing this in word for an upload at a later time. All in all it was an interesting week. I started off Monday in poor form by skipping my trainer session, however I did find a Powertap on Zipp 303 wheels for $650.00 on craigslist, and am very happy about that. I also spent the Monday off from work celebrating Valentine’s day with my two girls. The biggest news however is that on Wednesday, Annie and I confirmed that she is in fact pregnant and we have a new baby on the way on or around October 9th, we are so happy!

Alex has posted some whacky pictures on his blog with him trying on crazy wigs, so that leads me to believe that he is doing well with his new treatment and feeling much better.

Workout Summary:

LOG Totals
Type
Distance
Duration
Avg Pace
#
Time in Zones
Bike
74.0 mi
04:16
17.3 mph
2
Run
19.9 mi
03:07
09:25/mi
4
Swim
3900.0 yd
01:30
02:18/100yd
1
Trainer
12.0 mi
01:00
12.0 mph
1
Total Duration:
09:53
8



Finally feeling like I am getting back into the swing of training properly again.

Monday: I was lazy and skipped a trainer session to spend the day with my girls (I was off of work so this was our Valentine’s day.

Tuesday: Just ran about 20 minutes slow to work out the soreness from the -5 degree wind chill race from the weekend.

Wednesday: AM: Was supposed to be a recovery run, but because I had nothing to recover from I ran 50 minutes with a friend on a hilly trail at Fort Carson.

                PM: Brutal indoor trainer session with 19 12 second sprints followed by 48 seconds rest on each. Thank you Donna for blogging about your pain cave, At least I know I am not suffering alone.

Thursday: Fort Carson to the Zoo Climb with Nate. AVG PWR: 176. AVG Cadence very low due to coast back downhill and climb. TSS score: 80/100. Thanks Nate for helping me salvage the week. This was a monster climb and a screamer back down.

Friday: Long 3900 meter swim set.

Saturday: Ran the Boulder 70.3 course. Did the first lap and then branched off for some other running. Quite the adventure. I missed the canal road the first time and had to double back. Climbed the no trespassing fence, ran into a coyote that thankfully wasn't hungry. Passed numerous signs reading, Certain Death if entered, swift cold water runs underground", climbed another fence, and finally entered the back side of the park without being eaten or arrested. AVG HR 161

Sunday: Rode the Boulder 70.3 route minus a 1 mile out and back stretch. Felt pretty sore still from run night before and it was very cold. Was a fairly fast course. I was only taking in 45 grams of carbs an hour from my drinks, needed some food. Running would have been difficult after the ride but not impossible. Power meter hub battery died so I have no data other than cadence at 79 RPM AVG including climbs and coasting. Briefly rode with Don who qualified for Hawaii at St George last year and two other locals from Boulder. It was interesting to pick their brains and try to hang on for dear life to their wheels.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...talk about a busy week. First of all...congratulations. Very exciting news that you and your wife are expecting another baby. 2012 is certainly going to be a big year for you. And it sounds like you had a good solid training week along with a run that was more about self preservation than ironman training. I think that will come in handy around mile 20 of the marathon. Oh...and please blog about your powertap purchase...I have been thinking about buying one but the price puts me off. I'll be interested to see whether you think its a worthwhile investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ran across your blog. I am training for Ironman Arizona 2012 also. I look forward to following your training. And congratulations on the baby:)

    ReplyDelete