Online fundraising for Team Alex - Ironman Arizona 2012

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Team Alex has Kicked Off!!! Help fight Childhood Brain Tumors

In September of 2011, Alex was diagnosed with an extremely rare and aggressive brain tumor. He underwent brain surgery and is currently going through an aggressive chemo and radiation treatment program that will last 12 months. Through all of this, he maintains a positive outlook and is continuing to progress through High School.

Alex's father is a good friend of mine and every time I ask how the family is doing, I am almost brought to tears by listening to their outlook and resolve. I was already planning on running Ironman Arizona 2012 on November 18, 2012 when I read an article about athletes raising money for charities. I immediately asked Alejandro if I could raise money for the Childhood Brain Tumor Foundation in Alex's name. I am honored that I will cover my 140.6 miles as Team Alex.

With a small contribution, you can stand beside heroes like Alex in their fight against childhood brain tumors. Please pass this along to anyone you know that might support the cause.
If you want to join the team and raise money for this charity leading up to your race, please email me at russell.mckelvey@yahoo.com

Please visit http://www.razoo.com/story/Teamalex to make a donation and track Alex's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment